The root of missions is our need to love others!
Opportunities abound at Brookfield Congregational Church for missions work for PEOPLE OF ALL AGES AND ABILITIES!
YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US IN OUR MISSION WORK!
Connect with our community to make a difference, call 262-786-4155 or email: [email protected]
Here is a list of BCC missions of donated time and resources during our church year:
- Addiction Resource Council – addictionresourcecouncilwaukeshawi.org/
- Adult Mission Trip to Guatemala – commonhope.org/
- Applewood Bible Study – applewoodliving.com/
- Baking Buddies – https://www.facebook.com/groups/bakingbuddiescommunity/
- Bread of Healing Clinic – breadofhealingclinic.org/
- Calvary Food Pantry – calvaryfoodpantry.com/
- Cathedral Center – https://cathedral-center.org/
- Church Camp Scholarship – https://www.ucci.org/moon-beach/
- Church Rummage Sale to raise funds
- Church School Collection for African student tuition
- Despensa de la Paz – https://friedenspantry.org/despensa-de-la-paz/
- Farmer’s Market Food Gleaning – brookfieldfarmersmarket.com/
- 40Plus of Southeastern Wisconsin – http://www.40pluswi.org/
- Frieden’s Community Ministries – https://friedenspantry.org/
- Guest House of Milwaukee – http://www.guesthouseofmilwaukee.org/
- Habitat for Humanity Building – http://milwaukeehabitat.org/
- Habitat for Humanity Restore – https://www.habitat.org/restores
- Hearts to Hands – Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Hope Center, Waukesha – Loaves & Fishes – http://hopecenterwi.org/
- ERAs Senior Network (former Interfaith Senior Network) – https://eraswaukesha.org/
- Lad Lake – https://www.ladlake.org/
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – https://www.lls.org/
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission – https://www.milmission.org/
- Safe Babies – http://www.easterseals.com/wi-se/our-programs/childrens-services/safe-babies-healthy-families.html
- Streetlife Ministries – https://streetlifecommunities.org/
- UCC Support:
- Neighbors in Need
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Our Church Wider Mission
- UCM, University Christian Ministries, Student Lunch Bunch Milwaukee – https://ucm-uwm.org/
- Youth Mission Projects –Local and National
- WI UCC Conference Outdoor Ministries – https://www.wcucc.org/
- Women’s Center – http://twcwaukesha.org/
Christian Education/Faith Formation
Our Christian Education/Faith Formation Ministry Team develops and provides programs, learning opportunities and activities that enhance the faith formation and development of spiritual awareness and growth in children, youth and adults throughout all phases of their lives.
We offer a variety of adult education opportunities including small group scripture readings, Bible and book studies, and periodic seminars on timely and pertinent topics.
Children & Youth Education Ministry offers:
- Crib Room – Care for infants through 3 years of age during the worship hour by volunteers.
- Confirmation – Faith formation classes for young people exploring becoming full members of the church through declaration of faith.
- Communion Sunday – All children stay in church on the 1st Sunday of the month.
- Stories and Service – Each month, on one designated Sunday, our young people (ages 4 through High School) have the opportunity to focus on a story from the Bible and apply it to today’s world by doing a mission project or learning about the service projects of other organizations in our community.
- Children’s Church – two Sundays per month we meet for Children’s Church; we have two groups, Spirit Seekers for elementary students and Grapple for Middle School Students. Our High School kids get involved by taking roles as ‘captains’ to assist with lessons.
- YUM (Youth Undertaking Mission) – a monthly gathering for Middle and High School Youth with a focus on hands-on mission activities and outings.
Congregational Life is about caring for the needs of our members/friends and providing them with a sense of community through fellowship activities, personal support when needed and opportunities to share their gifts by serving the church in the weekly operations. We also welcome visitors and invite them to participate in our church life activities.
The two primary functions of this ministry are Membership and Fellowship. Congregational Life sponsored activities include:
- Book/Study Groups
- Buddies for New Members
- Caregivers group
- Chair Yoga
- Co-Ed Softball
- Greeters on Sunday morning
- Hearts to Hands (Prayer Shawl group)
- Hospitality Hosts
- Lunch Bunch
- Meditation group
- Men’s Breakfast (6:15am & 8:00am groups)
Throughout the year, our Pastor and the Liturgical Arts Team create and implement ways to enhance Worship so that individuals and the congregation as a whole have a deeper understanding and connection to the Bible text / spiritual life lesson. This includes visual arts, music, drama, and liturgy. During the seasons of Advent and Lent, an optional Bible or Book study related to the current Worship theme is also offered.
The Music Team provides music for Sunday worship and other services & events throughout the year. Musical groups include Chancel Choir, Hand Bells, Praise Band, and occasional performance by special musicians. With the BCC Concert Series we offer several recital opportunities per year. We do open our doors to small performance groups who might be looking for a venue. For information on facilities and availability, please contact:Gary McWithey, Organist ([email protected]).
The Resource Management Team (RMT) is responsible for the core and financial management of the property, physical plant, equipment, furnishings, improvements, repairs, and replacements for the Church and the Parsonage. The RMT also coordinates outside group’s use of the facilities.
The Worship Team prepares the church for a pleasurable experience during each service. We insure that each service runs smoothly and maintain the sanctuary during the different seasons of the year.
The Leadership Team works with the Pastor to envision, support, and enable the work of BCC. The team represents church members, listens to their needs and interests, and acts on their behalf.