The root of missions is our need to love others!
Opportunities abound at Brookfield Congregational Church for missions work for PEOPLE OF ALL AGES AND ABILITIES!
YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US IN OUR MISSION WORK!
Connect with our community to make a difference, call 262-786-4155 or email: [email protected]
- Here is a list of BCC missions of donated time and resources:
- A Book Ahead
- Addiction Resource Council (ARC) – addictionresourcecouncilwaukeshawi.org/
- Adult Mission Trip to Guatemala – commonhope.org/
- Applewood Bible Study – applewoodliving.com/
- Arts & Literacy Camp; Tippecanoe Presbyterian Church – http://www.tippechurch.org/
- ASLC for kids – facebook.com/aslcforkids
- Baking Buddies – https://www.facebook.com/groups/bakingbuddiescommunity/
- Bread of Healing Clinic – breadofhealingclinic.org/
- Calvary Food Pantry – calvaryfoodpantry.com/
- Cathedral Center – https://cathedral-center.org/
- Church Camp Scholarship – https://www.ucci.org/moon-beach/
- City on a Hill – https://cityonahillmke.org/
- City Year – https://www.cityyear.org/milwaukee
- Despensa de la Paz – https://friedenspantry.org/despensa-de-la-paz/
- 40Plus of Southeastern Wisconsin – http://www.40pluswi.org/
- Family Promise of Waukesha County – https://www.familypromisewaukeshawi.org/
- Frieden’s Community Ministries – https://friedenspantry.org/
- Guest House of Milwaukee – http://www.guesthouseofmilwaukee.org/
- Habitat for Humanity Building – http://milwaukeehabitat.org/
- Habitat for Humanity Restore – https://www.habitat.org/restores
- Hearts to Hands – Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Hope Center, Waukesha – Loaves & Fishes – http://hopecenterwi.org/
- ERAs Senior Network (former Interfaith Senior Network) – https://eraswaukesha.org/
- Lad Lake – https://www.ladlake.org/
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – https://www.lls.org/
- Milwaukee Rescue Mission – https://www.milmission.org/
- NAMI Wisconsin – https://namiwisconsin.org/
- Rubies – http://wearerubies.org/
- Safe Babies – http://www.easterseals.com/wi-se/our-programs/childrens-services/safe-babies-healthy-families.html
- Serv2Unite – https://www.giftofourwounds.com/serve2unite
- SOPHIA – A Member of Wisdom – https://www.sophiawaukesha.org/about-sophia
- St. Anthony’s Christmas Shoppe
- Streetlife Ministries – https://streetlifecommunities.org/
- UCC Support:
- Neighbors in Need
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Our Church Wider Mission
- UCM, University Christian Ministries, Student Lunch Bunch Milwaukee – https://ucm-uwm.org/
- Youth Mission Projects –Local and National
- WI UCC Conference Outdoor Ministries – United Church Camps –
- Women’s Center – http://twcwaukesha.org/
- (updated on May 11, 2022)
Christian Education/Faith Formation
Our Christian Education/Faith Formation Ministry Team develops and provides programs, learning opportunities and activities that enhance the faith formation and development of spiritual awareness and growth in children, youth and adults throughout all phases of their lives.
We offer a variety of adult education opportunities including small group scripture readings, Bible and book studies, and periodic seminars on timely and pertinent topics.
Children & Youth Education Ministry offers:
- Crib Room – Care for infants through 4 years of age during the worship hour by volunteers (available on Children’s Church Sundays: dates in fall of 2022: 9/11, 9/25, 10/9, 10/30, 11/13, 11/20, 12/4). Our Nursery is staffed with two individuals (background checks are required). When you come in, just follow the sign to the Nursery Care Room. You take a left after you enter the building and the room is located just past the double doors. The Nursery Attendant will check your child in and ask for your cell phone number, just in case the need arises to contact you during worship.
- Our Children’s Church program is designed for all youth ages preK through 6th grade. Our curriculum hands-on and mission based. Throughout the school year we plan inter-generational events that support local charities. Please click on our current CE program fall 2022 for details. Your children are welcome to join Children’s Church for any event or they can worship with you in the sanctuary (but they’ll probably enjoy our multi age-level ministries much more!). Sign up to receive our weekly newsletter to receive the latest news on Children’s Church. (Click on ‘I’m New’ > ‘Making Your First Visit’ in the Menu Bar, then scroll to the bottom of the page).
- Confirmation – Faith formation classes for young people exploring becoming full members of the church through declaration of faith.
- Communion Sunday – All children stay in church on the 1st Sunday of the month.
Congregational Life is about caring for the needs of our members/friends and providing them with a sense of community through fellowship activities, personal support when needed and opportunities to share their gifts by serving the church in the weekly operations. We also welcome visitors and invite them to participate in our church life activities.
The two primary functions of this ministry are Membership and Fellowship. Congregational Life sponsored activities include:
- Book/Study Groups
- Buddies for New Members
- Caregivers group
- Chair Yoga
- Greeters on Sunday morning
- Hospitality Hosts
- Meditation group
- Men’s Breakfast
- Walking in Faith group
Throughout the year, our Pastor and the Liturgical Arts Team create and implement ways to enhance Worship so that individuals and the congregation as a whole have a deeper understanding and connection to the Bible text / spiritual life lesson. This includes visual arts, music, drama, and liturgy. During the seasons of Advent and Lent, an optional Bible or Book study related to the current Worship theme is also offered.
The Music Team provides music for Sunday worship and other services & events throughout the year. Musical groups include Chancel Choir, Hand Bells, Praise Band, and occasional performance by special musicians. With the BCC Concert Series we offer several recital opportunities per year. We do open our doors to small performance groups who might be looking for a venue. For information on facilities and availability, please contact: Gary McWithey, Organist ([email protected]).
The Resource Management Team (RMT) is responsible for the core and financial management of the property, physical plant, equipment, furnishings, improvements, repairs, and replacements for the Church and the Parsonage. The RMT also coordinates outside group’s use of the facilities.
The Worship Team prepares the church for a pleasurable experience during each service. They ensure that each service runs smoothly and maintain the sanctuary during the different seasons of the year.
The Leadership Team works with the Pastor to envision, support, and enable the work of BCC. The team represents church members, listens to their needs and interests, and acts on their behalf.