On your behalf, the Mission Team chose 6 non-profit organizations to each receive a $500 cash donation from our church. The first 3 described below were chosen to align with the Creation Care Initiative of the UCC, and to honor all the donations to our Electronic Recycling Drive in April.
1. Midwest Renewable Energy Association promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration. Their featured initiatives include their Energy Fair, renewable energy training, the Grow Solar Partnership, and Solar on Schools program.
2. Clean Wisconsin works to protect Wisconsin’s clean water, clean air, and natural heritage by impacting policy, taking legal action, leading with science, and engaging communities.
3. Natural Resources Foundation of WI provides sustainable funding for Wisconsin’s most imperiled species and ecosystems, while helping citizens explore, care for, and protect our state’s natural resources. They work to protect Wisconsin’s natural heritage by supporting critical conservation work through our grant programs and offering opportunities for people to experience Wisconsin’s outdoors their trips.
4. Easter Seals of Southeastern WI/Safe Babies Program supports families to ensure safe and healthy children through education, support and resources ultimately ending destructive cycles that can last for generations. They offer prenatal services, childbirth education, parenting programs and play groups.
5. Friedens Community Ministries is a network of food pantries in Milwaukee nourishing the body, mind, and soul. They believe that a dependable supply of food is a means of bringing hope and dignity to our community. Despensa de la Paz is one of their food pantries.
6. United Church Camps, Inc. (UCCI) is the outdoor ministry program of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Church of Christ, and its member congregations. They have program offerings for people of all ages at their three camps: Moon Beach, Daycholah Center, and Cedar Valley. Our church provides camp scholarships to children and families attending these programs.