A Social Distance Time Together for a good cause
The church was scheduled earlier this year to provide a dinner on September 20 for the women and families sheltered at the Cathedral Center in downtown Milwaukee. However, due to covid, and in lieu of any admission fee to the concert, we are having a free-will offering to collect cash donations for the Center to enable them to order dinner from a local restaurant for its guests. (To give you perspective, normally we would serve 45-50 people with each healthy, varied meal ordered from a restaurant costing about $7.) With each cash donation you will also have a chance to win a “covid coping” basket!
WHAT ARE OUR BEST PRACTICES we will be following to make sure everyone is safe, while having a great time: 1. Make a reservation. Please sign up by calling the church office (262-786-4155). This enables the planners to mark spots for you or your family to gather at a safe distance.
2. Wear a mask. This will be required (yes, even if you are outdoors). A mask will be provided if you don’t not have one.3. Hand sanitizer. This will also be available as well, but please bring your own to re-sanitize as
4. Bottled water. Will be available, but also bring your own as we are expecting a beautiful, sunny day, and dancing in place is encouraged!
5. Food and snacks: You may certainly bring any food or beverage to enjoy with your family. Mask not required while eating or drinking.
6. Signage and check in: There will be a special check in area under a small tent that you will pass through. You will be asked COVID 19 question that I’m sure most of you are familiar with. Your temperature will be checked. If you are experiencing any symptoms of having the virus or just feeling sick, please stay home!
7. Bathroom availability. If you need to enter the church to use the bathroom, you will enter the main door and exit the north doors. One at a time, with someone stationed outside the bathroom to ensure a general “wipe-down” is done.
8. Keep your distance. There will be a large area around the stone house to ensure social distancing, but please honor those spaces as we want everyone to feel safe and comfortable.
9. Seating. Plan on bringing your own blanket or chair.
10. Mission support: We will be collecting monies to purchase meals for the Cathedral Center. We were scheduled to serve a meal on Sept. 20th. This will support the Center in purchasing meals.
Thank you and we hope to see you at this special event!