Out of an abundance of caution, we are canceling our Sunday worship service on March 15. Additionally, the Church will be closed during the week to outside groups and therefore we will not have scheduled Church office hours during the week. Rev. Laura and our Leadership Team will re-evaluate the situation next Thursday and communicate an update on Friday whether worship will resume next Sunday.
This was a difficult decision to make as we will greatly miss being together. However, by canceling worship and doing our part to limit public gatherings, we not only help prevent the potential spread of coronavirus COVID-19 but reduce the risk of impacting the health and well-being of our Congregation. We are doing this in tandem with other Brookfield churches.
In the meantime, we have plans to move elements of our Service online. Rev. Laura will record the Gospel, her sermon, and Jackie and Gary will provide inspirational music. So be sure to check-out our church website brookcc.org, regularly. We will also post further messages on our Enews to help create new ways of strengthening our faith community during these challenging times.
Please keep our church, our local communities, our country and our world in your prayers and continue to take precautions to remain healthy which includes good hygiene habits such as:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 15 to 20 seconds;
- When soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based disposable hand wipes or gel sanitizers. The CDC recommends the sanitizer have at least 60% alcohol;
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough, and when tissues are unavailable, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve (and not your hands). Wash or sanitize your hands every time you cough or sneeze;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Encourage social distancing by maintaining distance of approx. 6 feet from others when possible; and
- Clean equipment and other surfaces often. Wipe down equipment with disinfectant prior to individual use. This includes consoles, touchscreens, telephones, computer keyboards and other equipment, such as fitness center equipment.